Edit WIT definition

May 14, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Hi,

Great tool. I was thinking of developping such a tool when I found yours !

It helps me managing several projects with process moving from orignal ones by a sode effect of "method amelioration" meetings.

I now want to apply some ggod improvements from a project to another one. The Diff function is great, but using the export/import process is a bit heavy when just a little diff is detected.

I wonder if it could be possible to allow direct edit of the WIT. It can be from the diff tool, a custom editor in the app or maybe open the process editor from TFS Power Tools...

Chris

Coordinator
Jun 20, 2012 at 8:51 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Jul 6, 2012 at 3:42 PM

This has been implemented and will be part of the next version. You'll be able to select any number of work item types in the overview list and edit them directly.

Jul 6, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Great ! Now I'm very eager to test it...

thanks

Coordinator
Aug 7, 2012 at 8:41 PM

It's released now so please try out the new version and let me know if it solved your problem!

Aug 20, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Editing WIT works fine (I suppose using export in temporary and import).

thanks.

Coordinator
Aug 21, 2012 at 1:48 PM

No, there's now a new "Edit Selected Work Item Types" button available in the WIT list, that allows you to edit them directly without saving them to a temporary location.

Marked as answer by jelled on 10/21/2013 at 12:09 AM