This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Queries

Mar 24, 2014 at 7:26 PM
I'm trying to migrate queries from one project to another. Using the export/import process, I am seemingly able to do it as far as TFS Team Project Manager is concerned (as in it shows up in the "view/export/delete/edit"). However, when I go to the IDE or the Web, I do not see any of the queries.
Mar 27, 2014 at 2:37 PM
Edited Mar 27, 2014 at 2:38 PM
So when you refresh the queries in the target project, they show up in Team Project Manager, but not in VS or Web Access? Have you tried refreshing Team Explorer (at least for the VS part)?

Any chance it could be a permissions issue, e.g. are you an administrator on the target project? Perhaps I should explicitly set permissions on the newly imported queries/query folders (which I'm not doing currently). But that would only make sense if you're running Team Project Manager under a different user than VS or Web Access (since the tool is showing the queries just fine).
Sep 5, 2014 at 7:04 PM
I think the issue is that QueryHierarchy.Save() isn't called at the end of import process. Without that it still appears while the instance/session of the Project Manager is open. As soon as the instance is closed those changes are discarded as since the Save is never called and therefore TFS doesn't fire the changed event.
I found this digging through the code of https://wiqadmin.codeplex.com/
Sep 25, 2014 at 1:27 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Apr 16, 2015 at 8:53 PM
This should now be fixed in v1.8.
Marked as answer by jelled on 4/16/2015 at 12:53 PM