This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Is Team Explorer required or will VS work?

Apr 16, 2015 at 12:31 AM
Hi,
I don't have the specific Team Explorer application installed, but I do have Visual Studio 2013 Premium with the Team Explorer component installed. I'm able to manage TFS work items in VS but after installing Project Manager I can connect to the server and view the team projects, but after selecting the project I'm interested in I can't do anything else. I don't see any confirmation buttons or changes in the UI. Am I missing a step? Thanks.
Apr 16, 2015 at 6:46 AM
If you have Visual Studio 2013 then you should be ok, certainly if the application starts successfully and you can select Team Projects then the Team Explorer prerequisite is covered.

Now I assume you mean the part of the window to the right of the panel where you select the Team Projects is completely empty? That can happen if the downloaded dll's are blocked because they come from the internet. Normally the application unblocks them itself, but perhaps something went wrong there. Can you try right-clicking all the dll's in the application directory, selecting Properties, and checking if there's an "Unblock" button? If so, unblock all of them and try again. If that doesn't help, can you click the arrow next to the title and version on the top, open the log file and attach it here?

Thanks,

Jelle
Apr 16, 2015 at 7:28 PM

Thanks. It turns out that that

a.) I can’t multi-select DLLs, I had to unblock 1 by 1

b.) After I did that, they immediately reverted back to blocked <sigh>

c.) Some quick research found that the correct solution is to unblock the ZIP file, then copy the files, which are then automatically unblocked

So it’s now working correctly. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Marked as answer by jelled on 4/16/2015 at 12:52 PM