TFS Team Project Manager automates various tasks across Team Projects in Team Foundation Server. If you find yourself managing multiple Team Projects for an organization and have recurring tasks and questions that repeat themselves over and over again, Team Project Manager probably has some answers for you.
Team Project Manager can help you...
- Manage build definitions (viewing and deleting build definitions, as well as bulk updating common properties within the build definition)
- Manage build process templates (understanding which build templates are used by which build definitions, uploading new build process templates, unregistering existing ones, ...)
- Manage security groups (understanding which groups have which members, adding groups, ...)
- Manage source control settings (e.g. to standardize settings for multiple check-out, get latest on check-out, check-in notes, ...)
- Retrieve the latest changesets (e.g. to see which projects are still active)
- Manage work item type definitions (understanding with projects use which work item types and how many work items there are of each, importing work item types to various projects, comparing them with various sources e.g. to determine which Process Template was likely used to create Team Projects, ...)
- Manage work item categories (adding and removing categories and managing the work item types they contain)
For more details on how all this works, see the Documentation
page. It works against TFS 2005, 2008 and 2010.
If you can think of other great features, please let us know through the discussion forums or the issue tracker! Or (even better) because it's built with a very modular framework (Microsoft Prism
) you can also contribute by building your own modules!
In the meantime, here's a gratuitous teaser screenshot:Cannot resolve image macro, invalid image name or id.
This application is completely free to use. If you feel it saves you a lot of time and you like it so much that you want to support the countless hours that have gone in developing this - please do feel free to donate!
- v1.2.4406 (January 24, 2012)
- Added a column to the build definitions list to show scheduled build times.
- v1.2.4379 (December 28, 2011)
- Added support for viewing, editing and deleting build definitions.
- v1.1 (December 8, 2011)
- Improved work item type comparisons.
- Added support for saving and loading work item comparison sources.
- Added security module that allows Team Project security groups to be retrieved, deleted and added.
- v1.0 (November 27, 2011)