This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Error comparing 2 TFS 2012 projects

Mar 4, 2016 at 3:31 PM
I remember use some months ago, but today i need check template modifications but i cant compare. Is there something I missed?

Processing Team Project "....."
An error occurred while processing Team Project "....": This operation is not supported against this version of Team Foundation Server.
System.NotSupportedException: This operation is not supported against this version of Team Foundation Server.
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.ProcessConfiguration.Client.ProjectProcessConfigurationService.GetProcessConfiguration(String projectUri)
at TeamProjectManager.Modules.WorkItemConfiguration.WorkItemConfigurationItemImportExport.GetProcessConfiguration(Project project, WorkItemConfigurationItemType type) in C:\Users\jelled\Desktop\Code\TeamProjectManager\Main\TeamProjectManager.Modules.WorkItemConfiguration\WorkItemConfigurationItemImportExport.cs:line 463
at TeamProjectManager.Modules.WorkItemConfiguration.WorkItemConfiguration.FromTeamProject(TfsTeamProjectCollection tfs, Project project) in C:\Users\jelled\Desktop\Code\TeamProjectManager\Main\TeamProjectManager.Modules.WorkItemConfiguration\WorkItemConfiguration.cs:line 105
at TeamProjectManager.Modules.WorkItemConfiguration.ComparisonViewModel.<>c__DisplayClass74_0.<Compare>b__1(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) in C:\Users\jelled\Desktop\Code\TeamProjectManager\Main\TeamProjectManager.Modules.WorkItemConfiguration\ComparisonViewModel.cs:line 255
Done
Mar 4, 2016 at 7:59 PM
So it's TFS 2012 are you connecting to? Does it say so in the tool as well that it's connected to TFS 2012?

And which version of Team Project Manager are you using? Have you used the "converged" tool before or were you using the version-specific "edition" before?

I did upgrade to the latest TFS SDK and perhaps that no longer supports TFS 2012 (although I would be surprised)... So you could try the 2012 Edition from https://teamprojectmanager.codeplex.com/releases/view/616983.
Mar 4, 2016 at 8:46 PM
Thanks for your answer.

Yes. Yes.

Its not possible to download 2012 specific version.
https://teamprojectmanager.codeplex.com/releases/view/616983
Mar 4, 2016 at 9:03 PM
Marked as answer by JulioCastro on 3/7/2016 at 10:52 AM
Mar 7, 2016 at 6:52 PM
Thanks.... it works
I have to install Team Explorer 2012